Flat plates from the Hazelnut service from U & Cie Sarreguemines (Utzschneider and company)
Slight patina on some but no cracks or shine
Vintage tableware in good condition
Very nice art nouveau decor
End of XIX ° - Beginning of XX °
Land of iron
Following the Bismarck War (1871) which annexed Alsace and Lorraine to Germany, Paul de Geiger, then director of the Sarreguemines earthenware factory, decided in 1876 to build a factory on French territory, to offset the increase in the price of its products (taxed at 15%) in France. The construction in Digoin (Saône et Loire) of this new production unit will begin in 1877. This is why certain old productions of Sarreguemines bear the “Sarreguemines Digoin” stamp. This production, stamped U & Cie Sarreguemines, therefore seems to be much earlier.